Sierra Tahoe Bigfoot Research

This site is dedicated to the research of bigfoot, and it's habitat, in the Tahoe and outlying Sierra region of Nevada and California. We listen to witnesses who want to talk about their experiences, and keep them confidential unless otherwise requested. Our mission is to learn as much as we can about the possible existence of the sasquatch, in the hope that we can all gather a better knowledge of the species, then ultimately, we as a race understand that it's habitat, and way of life, must be protected.



Compare hotel prices and find the best deal - HotelsCombined.com

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

How Did You Become Interested In Bigfoot?

Recently, I received an email asking if I knew of any Reno/Tahoe Bigfoot conferences scheduled in the near future. "I am an avid, longtime Saquatch enthusiast." the email said.

I replied, "There are none that I know of."

That is when the wheels started turning.

After a follow up email, I came to know that this person was a woman, Jeannie, and I thought, "I wonder how she became interested in Bigfoot?" It's a subject that is always of interest to me.

I asked her if she wouldn't mind sharing her background with me and if I could share it here. She happily obliged.

Jeannie at Emerald Cove, Lake Tahoe

Jeannie wrote:

A lil background about myself. I am 51 years old and am employed in the medical field. I am originally from Oregon. I grew up in Eugene and spent many years roaming the forests of the Cascades with my older brother. During this time I had many occurrences where we heard, smelled and felt unusual things. Unfortunately, never actually seeing what might be producing them. I have been interested in "Our Forest Friends" for about 30 years. I spend a great deal of time reading all that is on the various sites on the internet to keep up to date and have spent some time hiking in this area since moving to Reno. My friends think I'm obsessed with the subject, but to me there is absolutely nothing more fascinating, and my dream is to finally, one day, see one up close.

Thanks for that, Jeannie.

Now I'd like to hear from more of you. Please feel free to drop me a line at the email link on the right side of this page. Also, you can leave a comment below, but if you do, please keep the language appropriate, and at least leave a first name, and not just as "Anonymous." If you leave something in the comments, please be aware that I may repost it here in the main blog so it is more easily read by new visitors. I always do my best to respect peoples privacy. Thanks! I look forward to hearing from more of you.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I'm extremely new to the Bigfoot world. I came across a Yahoo! article just a few days ago about Bigfoot, did some light skimming, it wasn't a very serious article but I stumbled across some external links that led me to Robert Lindsay's blog. The page I landed on was full of witness reports and findings and I was instantly hooked. From there I just dove head first into researching anything and everything I could. I'm still kind of a skeptic but I find the encounter stories so fascinating I can't seem to stop reading them. BFRO and this site has become my new best friends. I stay up until I can't keep my eyes open just to read ONE more story.

This site as far as I can tell doesn't seem to do much linking up with others...I'd love to know what you think about the "Big Reveal" that's supposedly happening soon. While I don't relish the thought of something like Bigfoot being killed I'm rather excited to see if it's true.

Sierra Tahoe Bigfoot Research said...

@Emily

Thanks for your comment! For me, I became a little OCD after reading all the reports that were so close to home! Then after I started this blog, and started to receive reports directly from actual witnesses, I really became hooked.

As for the REVEAL, I will believe it when I see it. Actually the thought of it, really makes my blood boil. If it's true, Rick Dyer is a cold blooded murderer, and should be prosecuted. Anyone who supports him, is no better than used toilet paper. That's my honest opinion. Can you tell it bothers me? Haha. Thanks again for the comment!

Linda Newton-Perry said...

Thank you for reminding me not to tell on my blog where and when my husband and I will be out in the field looking for bigfoot and its tracks. I don't kid myself. I don't think I'll ever see one, but I can at least look for its tracks. Besides I don't want to see one too close, not closer than 50 feet. I would want him not to see me. So you see my guidelines for observing a bigfoot are rather impossible so ... Thanks again for the warning. I've always enjoyed your site. Linda Newton-Perry of the online bigfoot magazine, Bigfoot Ballyhoo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis

COUNTER