Sierra Tahoe Bigfoot Research

This site is dedicated to the research of bigfoot, and it's habitat, in the Tahoe and outlying Sierra region of Nevada and California. We listen to witnesses who want to talk about their experiences, and keep them confidential unless otherwise requested. Our mission is to learn as much as we can about the possible existence of the sasquatch, in the hope that we can all gather a better knowledge of the species, then ultimately, we as a race understand that it's habitat, and way of life, must be protected.



Compare hotel prices and find the best deal - HotelsCombined.com

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Recount of a Solo Camper's Bigfoot Encounter in the Tahoe National Forest

I recently received an email about a possible Bigfoot sighting in the Grass Valley, California area. I'm still waiting for details, but in the meantime, this has spurned my focus to be redirected to this area. I have spent most of my Internet research time, focusing on the Sierras, south of Lake Tahoe. Grass Valley is northwest of Lake Tahoe, and is within an easier commute from my home here in Reno, compared to the other areas I've been researching. Honestly, I have yet to begin any of my own field research, but I am still slowly acquiring equipment, and now weather will become an issue. I'm hoping I will be able to begin my field expeditions in the Spring.

After reading some reports, from other websites, on sightings in this aforementioned area, I have come across a report, that is particularly well written, and it's details made for some compelling reading. The man's recounting of his experience was rather vivid, and chilling. It occurred on August 1, 1986, while camping solo, along with his dogs. Click here to read his story from the BFRO website. In his report he gave a link to a topo map of the approximate location where he had his encounter. I have done a little digging, and have found the area on a satellite imaging map, to give you a clearer picture of the location and it's environment.

While I was researching the location, I started to think about what I had written a few posts ago, regarding "Squatching Ethics" (click here to read). This is a new endeavor for me. I'm new to Bigfoot Research, but I have some very clear ideas about what my main objectives are. Protecting the Sasquatches' habitat, and way of life, is my main objective. How to go about it is a whole 'nother issue. (Which is covered very well by Autumn Williams in a 5 part series on her blog. Click here.)

So, I start thinking, "Am I compromising my objective, by releasing this clear view of the encounter's location to the general public?" In this case, I think not. For one reason, it's not as if I'm a particularly brilliant individual with special gifts that I share with the world. I found this using a decent Internet map search in about 5 minutes. Secondly, the aforesaid encounter happened over 13 years ago. I think most Bigfoot researchers agree that these beings are transient. They don't stay in one location for long, as they may just go to where the food is. So, the chance that this same Sasquatch is still in this immediate area, are probably slim at best. Third, this area is dotted with many small mountain lakes and is accessed by many outdoor enthusiasts. These lakes can see quite a lot of traffic in the Summer months. It's not like this is a secret, desolate area. So.... I think it is safe to share this one.

To make a long story short, I'm just making an effort to be responsible. Let's face it! We have no idea of the sort of people who are accessing and reading these posts. Some people have ideas of bringing in a Sasquatch trophy, to show the world. Others, not mentioning any names (Biscardi:)~, want to capture a Bigfoot to put on display as the 8th wonder of the world, just like the guy in King Kong. (This is another thing I've been wanting to address, in a future blog entry.) By the way, if you haven't seen it, try getting a hold of "Not Your Typical Bigfoot Movie." Excellent, but sad. It is not full of BF facts, or footage, but explores the life of 2 BF researchers, and the lives they lead. I'll leave it at that. I was able to get it through Netflix. In it, is an example of the man, and how he used these guys, threw one of them under a bus, for his own selfish means. (Again, thats a whole 'nother story.)

Ok. Sorry I digressed. Here are the maps I pulled up for your reference, to go along with the Solo Camper's encounter. On the second map, Webber Lake is marked in orange. It was mentioned in the report, as a reference point, in his location description.

Click on images to enlarge

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis

COUNTER