Sierra Tahoe Bigfoot Research

This site is dedicated to the research of bigfoot, and it's habitat, in the Tahoe and outlying Sierra region of Nevada and California. We listen to witnesses who want to talk about their experiences, and keep them confidential unless otherwise requested. Our mission is to learn as much as we can about the possible existence of the sasquatch, in the hope that we can all gather a better knowledge of the species, then ultimately, we as a race understand that it's habitat, and way of life, must be protected.



Compare hotel prices and find the best deal - HotelsCombined.com

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Cliff Barackman: Columbia Pioneer Update, and My Case in the Stigma of Bigfooting

Columbia Sportswear Pioneer of the Outdoors


Mr. Barackman has received "Runner-up" recognition for his great video that he submitted to Columbia Sportswear for their "Pioneer of the Outdoors" contest. He did it to raise awareness in the "Squatch" and Sasquatch Research.

I'm glad he received recognition from them, but seriously? I am a little disappointed. He obliterated the rest of the competition in votes, but the final decision was made by Columbia. I thought they'd eat up his video and love it! Come on! The humor which Cliff added to his video reminded me a bit of the old Columbia "Ma Gert Boyle" ad campaign, that was on also on the humorous side. I actually was thinking what a great spokesman Cliff would make, and that snippets of his video would make a great TV commercial. But, then again, there is a stigma that goes along with Bigfoot, and Bigfoot research. Let's face it, the mainstream looks at us, and tends to roll their eyes a bit.

Here's my case, as an example. I am divorced, and have two young children. My relationship with my ex can be rocky at times, and my time with my children is regulated by how well we are getting along. Yes, she's not suppose to do that, but besides going back and forth to court, it's much easier to regulate the relationship. Long story short..... if she knew that I was this interested in Bigfoot, knew that I actually have a Bigfoot blog, and intend on going out and conducting my own research, she would freak, and probably take me to court to try to make me out to be a wacko. She wouldn't have a case, but it would still cause a problem, and undeniable stress. This is why I haven't mentioned my last name on my blog or any posts, just in case she Googles me. I'm trying to save myself from any headache, the BF stigma would cause, in relation to my family life. It's sad, because otherwise, I don't give a damn what people think, but I have to stay "in the closet" about my Bigfoot interests, because my kids. They mean far too much to me, so because of the mainstream ignorance to Sasquatch and the associated stigma, I will remain in the closet, until the exitstence of Bigfoot is, in the least, proven to my ex.

As for Cliff Barackman and his "Runner-up" finish? Congratulations Cliff! I am happy for you! I'm glad you are satisfied in their decision. Maybe I was just too optimistic, and biased. Please go read his blog, and the letter that Columbia Sportswear sent to Cliff, by Clicking Here.

GREAT OPPORTUNITY - Click Here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to comment that this is a really great blog. I also like that you follow Cliff Barackman, me and a few other Squatchers I know follow Mr. Barackman too. He also keeps a really great blog, wish he would post more often - always learn something new. Have you personally seen a sasquatch? Keep up the great posts!

Sierra Tahoe Bigfoot Research said...

Thank you! I appreciate the comments! Glad to hear when anyone reads, and enjoys the blog.

I forgot exactly how I found Cliff's blog, I think I was just surfing the net, maybe a google search. But I probably spent several hours just going back through his posts and reading all I could take in. Good stuff! I have another blog, related to my work, fxtradepros.com. So, with my heavy interest in Sasquatch, I thought blogging about something I really enjoy, would be a fun excursion from the serious stuff, and if you look at my other blog, I've fallen behind posting there because I've become addicted to to the Bigfoot stuff. So, I started the Bigfoot Blog. I agree. I impatiently wait for Cliff to post new stuff. I spend a lot of time bouncing between him and Autumn Williams blog, waiting for new stuff!

As for my Sasquatch experience. No sightings, only a few experiences, that now I look back on, with the Squatch knowledge I now have, and think maybe I've been close. I wrote about it when I first started the blog. Here's the link: http://sierratahoebigfoot.blogspot.com/2009/10/my-mckenzie-river-experience-oregon.html

Also, besides the McKenzie River, I also had similar experiences, out near the Oregon Coast in 1994. It was up at a place called Table Mountain. It was quite the drive up a dirt logging road, just off the Alsea River, near the town of Alsea. I was scouting a mining property up there. I made regular trips, alone up there. It was old growth forest, bordered by some GP clear cut areas. Never thought of Bigfoot back then, but always felt like I was being watched. On my trips up there, I did see plenty of deer, a bobcat. There was a source of water up there too. A small spring that formed a trickle of a stream that percolated up out of the ground up there. It was picture perfect Squatch country up there. Quite a beautiful place, until you see the clear cuts.

I haven't seen a Bigfoot, but I know they exist. Too many credible witnesses, and quality footprint casts, backed with the opinions of experts, like Dr. Meldrum, makes it pretty clear to me. I've made the point before that, "I have been a scuba diver for 27 years, and I've never seen a Great White, but I know the exist."

Thanks again for the comments! I really appreciate them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis

COUNTER